Hospitals across the United States are being put under immense pressure as the nation continues to hit record levels of new COVID-19 cases, adding more than 1 million new cases in the first five days of December. This is extremely concerning, and we are monitoring the situation on the daily basis, adjusting our protocols if necessary, to ensure everyone’s safety.
As a company working regularly on rooftops and with electricity, safety is a deep-rooted part of our organization. We are treating this public health risk with the same level of importance, and are following local and CDC guidelines to keep both our staff and clients healthy.
We will continue to offer site surveys meeting our prospective clients outside their home, abiding by strict social distancing practices, and wearing masks. We will ask for digital pics of the electric panel and any other electrical details pertinent to the installation so that we do not have to enter the home. We will email any specification sheets, design proposals, and when ready to proceed, we shall utilize DocuSign for contract ratification.
During Solar Installations:
We have made specific changes to our installation practices so that they can be done according to the CDC COVID-19 safety guidelines. It is our view that solar installations may continue without undue risk as long as these precautions are followed. While most of our work occurs outside on the roof, some will require us to work indoors. Here are a few ways we are keeping you and our employees safe:
- If our employees or their family members have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive, we are asking them to stay home and follow their medical provider’s advice.
- Our roof install team will only be completing work that takes place outside.
- Every member of the team will be wearing masks while on our client’s property.
- Any electrical work that needs to be completed inside will be delegated to our master electrician only – as long as the client is comfortable with it.
- Our crews will be practicing ‘social distancing’ with our clients (avoiding handshakes and staying a minimum of 6-ft away when interacting).
- If customers are sick, have symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone who tested positive, we ask that they let us know so we can reschedule their installation.
We are all in this together and appreciate your cooperation as we work to protect those who are most vulnerable and help our healthcare system cope with the increased demands.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us so we can do our best to address them.